8.29.2012

I like making my quick black and white conversions in SnapSeed.


It's quick and efficient and I can add in some grain as well as some "structure" to my files. I don't have a workflow. I just jump in and look at what I can get using the color filter presets and the three sliders. I love a crisp black and a higher value skin tone. Generally, it takes about a minute to get everything the way I want it. Quicker than opening up Photo Shop and doing it in there. The trade off is that PS has more controls and more fine-tune-ability.

SnapSeed is my favorite "cheap" app. It's playful.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Kirk, I'm also a big fan of Snapseed, and as a jpeg shooter, it's an excellent B&W converter as well.

Michael Ferron said...

I downloaded a trial version. B&W conversions look promising.

Michael Ferron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Wylie said...

It's an excellent app. I use an RX100 and do most PP on my iPad using SnapSeed, the drama filter really adds punch but it best applied at less that the rather strong default intensity.