1.02.2015

Cold, Wet and Rainy here. But I'm celebrating something new...

Ben in his favorite chair 16 years ago.
Contax G2, 45mm Zeiss lens.
Tri-X.

You may recall that I did three photography courses for a company called, Craftsy.com a little over a year ago. Craftsy.com is an online learning company that offers a range of arts and crafts instruction. They are putting together an impressive selection of video classes about photography and are attracting some really great teachers. One of the paid courses I taught is about Studio Lighting and Portraits. The second class is about Being Your Own Family's Photojournalist. I've included links to each if you want to go and watch the trailers and check them out.....

But the thing I'm excited about today is the third class. It's one I did about Location Portraits. It's one of the few classes Craftsy.com offers absolutely free. Their strategy is that if you like the free photography class you might come back and take a paid class. At any rate, my free class on Location Portraits has, in its first year on the site, garnered over 100,000 students. As of today 100,900 individual users have signed up and watched that class! I think that's absolutely amazing and something I want to celebrate. 

Craftsy.com classes are unique because once you purchase a class it's your to watch again and again forever. You can stop and start the program to make sure you really get the material down pat. And I think one of the biggest bonuses is that you can ask the instructors questions in a forum dedicated to your class and they will personally answer your question within a few days time (at most). 

The links above will give you $25 off the full price of the class---if you are interested. 

Kind of fun to look at the class reviews for the Location Portraits class. Not often I get thousands of five star reviews. I'll take em.

4 comments:

MikeR said...

Kirk,

Here's what I would like to learn from you: How do you manage to write so much, and so well, and still do your pro photog work, and work out, and take photo walks?

I know that for a similar volume of words, I would take hours. And nothing else gets done.

So, I'm envious. Any hints?

steve said...

Half price, bargain I'm there!

Mike Mundy said...

It's interesting that on Craftsy there's really no classes concerning video. (Rudimentary video, of course: shooting and editing.)

Not that I could see, anyway.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Hi Mike, I was thinking the same thing. I'm guessing I should pitch one...