4.09.2018

So, whenever I get a new lens like the one a friend dropped on me last Friday (the Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art lens) I like to shoot a couple of test shots to check focus. Especially wide open...


So I leaned over from the desk and shot a quick frame of the bright metal ring towards the back of the lens. This was a good test for the accuracy of the focusing area of the sensor chosen as well as the overall accuracy of focus. No front or back focusing here at f1.4. So my next move is to focus on something at the far middle distance. In the shot below I focused on Michelle's face on the 16x20 inch print, sitting just to the left of my filing cabinet. And so far it's right on the money when used with the Nikon D700. Mark me "happy." 


The next step is to go outside and shoot some stuff at all kinds of different distances. That's up next.

1 comment:

Hynee said...

I recently bought a Sigma 30/1.4 DC Art lens. I had to set AF micro-adjust to -11, and now its perfect. I'll buy the dock so it will be usable on my camera without micro-adjust.